One of PokerStars’ prestigious online poker championships, the Turbo Championship of Online Poker, or TCOOP, is all set to begin next month. The TCOOP will be the first online poker series for the year, and is sure to attract a good crowd. The event kicks off on January 17 and will go on for ten days, ending on January 27, 2013. On the whole, there would be 50 events that members can partake in.
The good news is that PokerStars has raised the guaranteed prize pool from $10 million to $15 million this year. That’s right! Contenders have a chance to win 5 million dollars more than what they did last year. Along with the increased cash prize, participants will also get to play different variants of poker including Omaha, HORSE, draw poker, etc. during the series.
Schedule of Events
The TCOOP 2013 will have 50 events you can participate in. Of them, most are Texas Hold’em tournaments with buy-ins ranging between $7 and $2,100. The minimum guaranteed prize for an event is $25,000, while the highest cash prize for an event is $2,000,000. Here is a note on some of the events.
• The first event is one of the best tournaments in TCOOP, for it has a buy-in of just $27 and offers a guaranteed prize of $750,000. The event takes place on January 17 at 12:00 ET.
• On the same day, there will be a Texas Hold’em Knockout tournament that guarantees $750k, and has a buy-in of $215.
• NLH tournaments take place on different days through the series. The tournaments are designed to cater to players of different levels, and have buy-ins of $27, $55, $82 and so on.
• On January 19, Omaha fans can partake in a Knockout event. The PL Omaha event has a buy-in of $109 and guarantees a prize of $200,000.
• A $55 buy-in 6-Max shootout on January 18 offers a guaranteed prize of $100,000.
• The Series also features two heads-up events, one on January 19 and the other on January 26. The event on 19th is restricted to 31 people, has a buy-in of $109 and guarantees $200,000. The tournament on the 26th is restricted to only 6 people, has a buy-in of $215 and guarantees$75k.
• TCOOP 2013 also features NL Hold’em 2x chance and 3x Turbo events that guarantee $400,000. While the turbo event on January 24 has a buy-in of just $7, the second chance event has a buy-in of $215.
• The High Roller event will be held on January 27, the last day of the series. The event has a buy-in of $2,100 and guarantees a prize of $1,000,000.
• Besides NL hold’em and Omaha, the TCOOP series also features a few other poker variants like Stud poker, Razz, HORSE and 8 Game. Razz fans can participate in the TCOOP $27 buy-in Razz tournament on January 24. The event guarantees $25,000.
• TCOOP also features a HORSE event on January 26, for a buy-in of $215. The event guarantees a prize of $100,000
• On January 19, you can participate in the Triple Stud poker event with a buy-in of $27. The event guarantees a cash prize of $25k. On January 23, a $27 buy-in Stud Hi/Lo event will take place. The event guarantees a prize pool of $50,000.
• On the last day of the series, there will be a $320 8-game event that guarantees $100,000.
The Main Event of the TCOOP also takes place on the last day of the series. The event has a buy-in of $700 and guarantees a prize of $2 Million. To get the list of all 50 events of the TCOOP, visit PokerStars today.
Qualify via PokerStars Satellites
PokerStars is hosting satellite events for almost all the TCOOP events. The qualifiers are underway at the online poker room, and are open to members of the site. The buy-ins of the satellite events are extremely low, which makes them an ideal option for low-stake players. Rather than spending a few couple of hundreds or even more, you can simply partake in the daily satellites that the poker room is hosting. So get ready and join PokerStars today, for a chance to win a share in the $15 million that the site is giving away for sure.
Comments are closed.